Due to the increases in human life expectancy, it is now common for people to live twenty years or more in retirement. However, this often presents a problem as assets are limited and may not be sufficient to cover twenty plus years of retirement costs. Annuities, in addition to Social Security, employer pensions, 401(k) plans, etc., help you guarantee your retirement security. With CHOICE, you can compare rates from the best carriers, and learn to invest in fixed, variable and indexed annuities.
For more information, click on the links listed below, courtesy of the Insurance Information Institute.
- What is an annuity?
- Why should I consider purchasing an annuity?
- How are annuities different from life insurance?
- How much should I invest in an annuity?
Buying an Annuity
- How are annuities sold?
- How do I pick a life insurance company?
- How do I pick an insurance agent?
- What is a “free-look” provision?
- What are surrender fees?
- How will I receive my annuity payments?
Types of Annuities
- What are the different types of annuities?
- What is a lifetime annuity?
- What are deferred and immediate annuities?
- What is the difference between a fixed and variable annuity?
- How often should I review my annuity portfolio?
- Where can I get additional information on annuities?
- What if I lose my annuity policy?
Used with permission by Insurance Information Institute, Inc. - www.iii.org